The applications are opened for 2021.The deadline is the 10th of November 2021 at midnight.
If you apply after the deadline your application will be considered for the following year unless we still have spot in the programme for this year.
Social Arts Festival is a non-profit – fundraising event. This is the 4th edition and for the first time it will be presented both online: live and prerecorded and in person.
You can be anywhere in the world and perform it even from your room, park, forest, sea,…The only requirement is a good internet connection on your device: smartphone/tablet/computer and zoom.
More information about the festival and applications requirements are below:
If you are a dancer, mover, musician, actor, poet, photographer, filmmaker, web designer, fundraiser or marketing specialist we would like to invite you to the Social Arts festival (replace the link with below):
It is an evening of dance, any form of art and performance aimed at raising awareness of social issues and the violation of human rights.
The event is a platform for professional and amateur artists who can craft their own art in any form, create a visual performance and share it with an audience.
Each performance will raise awareness of social inequality or a violation of human rights such as racism, human trafficking, refugee issues and any other issue that is close to your heart such as climate pollution/changes, the impact of social media on society and the most current topic of coronavirus crisis how they affect our lives.
The event is open to anyone who wants to join, regardless of whether you are a professional performer or not. Anyone is welcome to join and share their creativity and to shed light on a social issue.
Perform from the comfort of your home if you can not join the physical performance in Amazonia
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS
- It’s a first-ever online and in person SAF to gather artists and audience together during this difficult time of post COVID19
- It’s accessible to all the artists around the world who want to create and speak up their voice
- Networking with other like-minded artists, producing the quality of work, having an online and in person platform to perform and integrate your artistic and creative experience with the audience
- It’s a free non-profit fundraising event to stop the ocean pollutions by building the bins in Amazonia on Algodoal island where the SAF takes place this year
- By supporting the local indigenous community of this little island – as a participant you are going to add value to the festival to enrich the audience’s experience and awareness of the topic you are going to bring up and a part of the profit from the event will go towards this cause
- Your name is going to appear on Social Arts Festival online publicity
- If you are performing online You can be creative and use home, park, garden, street to make the performance. Preferably indoors for the purpose of live performance and lighting so you can be visible and the audience can hear you. You would need to use the mike if it’s spoken performance and you are away from your device
- Beneficial for your artistic portfolio as your work will be exposed virtually and in person all over the world
- Beneficial for your mental health during the Post Covid time to manage the excess of energy to create
- Your work will be seen virtually and during the physical performance by your friends, family and the rest of the world
- You are going to take a part in the fourth edition of this one of a kind event – and for the first time both: online and in person – there is not such an event in the rest of the world
- Our initial aim was to go global – now it is a great opportunity to do so. Let’s share the art and its impact on social issues and human rights!
- we are going to give a prize for the best performance related theme/cause within human rights and global, social issues such as human trafficking/sex trade, refugees, climate changes, pollution, deforestation, ecc…Look up the last year’s awards http://www.socialartsfestival.com/awards/
3 Day Social Arts Festival: 10-11-12 December 2021 Time: 5 pm Brazil Time
Location: Amazonia, Algodoal Island, Para, Brazil
Tickets are available soon! Please share this page with your friends.
Please open the window with this link:
VIRTUAL AND IN PERSON TECHNICAL AND DRESS REHEARSAL: It will be on the same day of the event prior to the performance starting at 8am (Brazilian Time) on each day of the show.
Please preferably make yourself available on each day of the show (if you are performing every day) for all day from 8am until the show either on zoom (if you are doing live online performance) or in the actual space (if you are performing on SAF stage).
DEADLINES The deadline for the applications is the 10th of October 2021
Application requirements for performers:
- your contact details (full name, email address, mobile number)
- company’s name if you have one (website)
- your personal/company’s/other participants social media handles (FB/Twitter/Instagram/YouTube)
- Yours and other participants bios (50 words each)
- kind/character of the performance such as dance/aerial dance/physical theatre/dance theatre/musical/comedy/play, etc…
- tile of your piece
- credits: choreography/performance/music/play by….
- 100 words description of the piece (please include any human right/social issues you would like to bring up)
- the length of the piece (any from 5 min up to 60min), please send us preferably the video HD mp4 or link of your piece just in case if the live streamed connection goes on your end so we can play it on ours.
- if you have any link – article/ video trailer/ social media/website info
- 50 words bio
- 1-2 pics: one headshot/one artistic/from the performance if you have one
- tag@socialartsfestival in your post with the video trailer or picture of your show
- in order to perform online you need good lighting, mike if you are away from your device, your smartphone, tablet or computer with a good internet connection and zoom app
We will use above information for publicity.
If you don’t have the piece yet you can briefly describe what would you like to create and for how long. Once you’ve got more info you can send us by the latest by 1st of December.
The Festival is organised in collaboration with FlowMove – a movement and well-being company and the world award winner/ performing arts/human rights LCP Dance Theatre – founded by Joanna Puchala. Any other collaborators are welcome. Please get in touch if you want to support the festival in any way. We will be happy to give you some more exposure to social media and publicity for a good cause.
Spread the word! If you know anyone who could be interested in joining the event please share it with them.
Any support in kind in organising the festival such as advertising, fundraising is very much appreciated.
Please apply here!
The deadline for applications is 10th of October!