The applications are open for 2020. The venue and dates will be confirmed later.
If you are a dancer, mover, musician, actor, poet, photographer, filmmaker, lighting engineer, sound engineer, web designer, fundraiser or marketing specialist we would like to invite you to the Social Arts festival. It is an evening of dance, any form of art and performance aimed at raising awareness of social issues and the violation of human rights.
The event is a platform for professional and amateur artists who can craft their own art in any form, create a visual performance and share it with an audience.
Each performance will raise awareness of social inequality or a violation of human rights such as racism, human trafficking, refugee issues and any other issue that is close to your heart such as climate pollution/changes, the impact of the social media on the society and many others. The event is open to anyone who wants to join, regardless of whether you are a professional performer or not. Anyone is welcome to join and share their creativity and to shed light on a social issue.video trailer SAF 2018
Benefits to participants
- It’s an event to gather artists and audience together
- It’s accessible to all the artists who want to create and speak up their voice
- Networking with other like-minded artists, producing the quality of work, having a platform to perform and integrate your artistic and creative experience with the audience
- There will be some prizes for different categories of the performance based on a topic, quality of the performance, impact on the audience, etc…
- It’s a fundraising event – as a participant you are going to add value to the festival to enrich the audience’s experience and awareness of the topic you are going to bring up and a part of the profit from the event will go to the charity organisation
- Your name is going to appear on Social Arts Festival publicity
- If you are an aerialist or circus artist you can use the slings (13) which are going to be available during the performance
- You are going to receive a video and pictures of your performance
- Beneficial for your artistic portfolio as your work will be exposed publicly during the show and virtually on social media before, during and after the festival so you’ll get some more exposure
- Your work will be seen by your friends, family and the rest of the audience who come to watch the show
- You are going to take a part in the third edition of this one of a kind event organised in London – there is not such an event in the rest of the world
- We are hoping to expand it to other places in the world to share the art and its impact on social issues and human rights
2 Day Social Arts Festival: Saturday 12th,19th Oct 2019 8-10pm@theLodge.space
Technical and Dress rehearsal:It will be on the same day of the event prior to the performance 4-8pm. Your full availability is required to set up space (pillows, bolsters, bunches, screen), lights, audio and video projector equipment. We’ll all have some tasks to make everything smooth and efficient. If you know any lighting/sound engeener please let us know. Please make yourself available for all the time of the dress/tech rehearsal and arrive at least 15 min earlier. The changing rooms and showers are available at the venue. Please make sure that you’ve had some brunch before coming to the rehearsal and supper before the tech rehearsal/show as there won’t be any interval during those slots. TheLodge.space serves a delicious and healthy yogic food in case you want to have some bites before or after the rehearsals/performances
The deadline for the applications is the 1st of April 2020
Application requirements for performers: In your application please include: your contact details (full name, email address)
- your contact details (full name, email address, mobile number)
- company’s name if you have one (website)
- your personal/company’s/other participants social media handles (FB/Twitter/Instagram/YouTube)
- kind/character of the performance such as dance/aerial dance/physical theatre/dance theatre/musical/comedy/play, etc…
- tile of your piece
- credits: choreography/performance/music/play by….
- 100 words description of the piece (please include any human right/social issues you would like to bring up)
- we are going to give prizes for the best performance within human rights and global issues such as human trafficking/sex trade, refugees issues climate changes
- the length of the piece (any from 5 min up to 60min)
- if you have any link – article/ video trailer/ social media/website info
- 50 words bio
- 3 pics: one headshot/one artistic/from the performance if you have one
- contribution of £10 per each performer is required to cover some cost. Deadline for payment 1st of April. To pay please click here.
We will use the material provided for publicity.
If you don’t have the piece yet you can briefly describe what would you like to create and for how long. Once you’ve got more info you can send us by 26th of April.
The Festival is organised in collaboration with FlowMove – a movement and well-being company, the performing arts association LCP Dance Theatre – award winner for the best human rights choreographies founded by Joanna Puchala and the venue The Lodge Space; sponsored by Minded Institute – the yoga therapy leader, founded by Heather Mason, Meridian Fitness – Health Club & Spa and ESPH – Gym & Physio. Any other collaborators are welcome. Please get in touch if you want to support the festival in any way. We will be happy to give you some more exposure to social media and publicity for a good cause.
Spread the word! If you know anyone who could be interested in joining the event please forward them this email!
Any support in kind in organising the festival such as lighting, sound, front house, administration, web-design, advertising, fundraising are very much appreciated.
WE HAVE SOME SPECIAL OFFERS FOR YOU IF YOU WANT TO PERFORM AT THE SOCIAL ARTS FESTIVAL (SAF) AND YOU DON’T HAVE YOUR OWN PRODUCTION. WE CREATED THE COURSES FOR YOU SO YOU CAN LEARN NEW AERIAL/HOOP/DANCE/IMPROVISATION SKILLS AND CHOREOGRAPHY AND PERFORM WITH LCP DANCE THEATRE DURING SAF!
We are going to create a short choreography (5/15min) leading to the performance at the Social Arts Festival during the following Aerial Yoga Dance workshops: on Sunday 29th of September and 6th of October at theLodge.space 2-5pm @£60 each. Open to all professional and amateur movers. Places are limited and selling fast, book here if you want to join!video trailer from the Aerial Yoga Dance workshops Opportunity 2 We are going to create a long choreography (30min) leading to the performance at the Social Arts Festival (SAF) during the following 4-day x 2 hour@8h aerial slings + hoop + contemporary dance +improvisation choreography skills. Open to all professional and amateur movers. After the compilation of the course you’ll receive the certificate of attending it which you can add to your portfolio as a moving/aerial slings/hoop artist. The final decision about your performance at SAF will be made upon the amount of time you committed to the course and your individual/group quality performance. As we are offering this special course to people who want to participate in the SAF we have a special price for you. If you book before the 31st of May you’ll pay £120, after that the full price is £150. Places are limited and selling fast, book here if you want to join! video trailer from last LCP’s production – working progress “Lost Love” If you want to perform the choreography you learnt from above workshops either from the Opportunity 1 or Opportunity 2 you would need to be available also on following days: 10 min choreography 12th Oct and 30min choreography 19th Oct.
We have created these performing and learning opportunities for you to make you participate in the Social Arts Festival as a performer and raise funds for SAF. We would appreciate your presence at the workshops, festival and your contribution.
These workshops are organised independently from the performance. Everyone can join them. If you want to join the festival as a part of the choreography by LCP Dance Theatre we are going to create during the workshop, please let us know the latest by 26th of May. We have limited places so if you are interested in participating in this choreography and then perform it during the festival please apply now. Applications deadline is on the 1st of April. You’ll need to send the application to confirm your participation in the festival. You don’t need to write about the choreography but you need to submit the rest of the requirements of the application so we can include your name, picture, and bio in the programme. Please read above in “the Application requirements”.
If you need any further information don’t hesitate to get in touch: email@example.com www.socialartsfestival.com
Best regards, Joanna Puchala
Social Arts Festival