Take a virtual part
The applications are opened for 2020. The deadline is the 16th of April 2020 at midnight.
Social Arts Festival is a non-profit – fundraising event. This is the 3rd year of its existence and due to Covid19, we’ll go online to celebrate an incredible work of artists from all over the world. This particular uncertain time we are living now gives us space to create and perform. Festival is about the manifestation of human rights violations and social injustice. We can bring up all the frustrations and injustice, any pain, violation of our rights during this difficult time we are living. The lockdown is a perfect time to create for those who are well and would like to do something good to humanity and its a great time to watch your work from the comfort of each one home. Let’s express our emotions good and bad, whatever they are and create excellent work in order to give hope to those who suffer either they lost their loved ones or they are fighting for their lives. Let’s manifest our pain, struggle, the deepest emotions and point of view through different forms of performing arts such as dance, theatre, circus, music, film, and many more.
You can be anywhere in the world and perform it even from your room, park, forest, sea,…The only requirement is a good internet connection on your device: smartphone/tablet/computer and zoom.
More information about the festival and applications requirements are below:
If you are a dancer, mover, musician, actor, poet, photographer, filmmaker, web designer, fundraiser or marketing specialist we would like to invite you to the Social Arts festival. It is an evening of dance, any form of art and performance aimed at raising awareness of social issues and the violation of human rights.
The event is a platform for professional and amateur artists who can craft their own art in any form, create a visual performance and share it with an audience.
Each performance will raise awareness of social inequality or a violation of human rights such as racism, human trafficking, refugee issues and any other issue that is close to your heart such as climate pollution/changes, the impact of social media on society and the most current topic of coronavirus crisis how they affect our lives. The event is open to anyone who wants to join, regardless of whether you are a professional performer or not. Anyone is welcome to join and share their creativity and to shed light on a social issue.
Benefits to participants
- It’s a first-ever online SAF to gather artists and audience together during this difficult time of COVID19 lockdown
- It’s accessible to all the artists around the world who want to create and speak up their voice
- Networking with other like-minded artists, producing the quality of work, having an online platform to perform and integrate your artistic and creative experience with the audience
- It’s a free non-profit fundraising event for victims of Coronavirus – as a participant you are going to add value to the festival to enrich the audience’s experience and awareness of the topic you are going to bring up and a part of the profit from the event will go to the charity organisation
- Your name is going to appear on Social Arts Festival online publicity
- You can be creative and use home, park, garden, street to make the performance. Preferably indoors for the purpose of live performance and lighting so you can be visible and the audience can hear you. You would need to use the mike if it’s spoken performance and you are away from your device
- Beneficial for your artistic portfolio as your work will be exposed virtually all over the world
- Beneficial for your mental health during the lockdown so you won’t get crazy and you’ll use the excess of energy to create
- Your work will be seen virtually on zoom by your friends, family and the rest of the world
- You are going to take a part in the third edition of this one of a kind event – and for the first time online – there is not such an event in the rest of the world
- Our initial aim was to go global – now it is a great opportunity to do so. Let’s share the art and its impact on social issues and human rights!
3 Day Social Arts Festival: 15-16-17 May 2020 7-9 pm
Tickets are already available here. Please share it with your friends.
Virtual Technical and Dress rehearsal:
It will be on the same day of the event prior to the performance 4-6 pm on each day of the show. Please make yourself available for all the time of the dress/tech rehearsal on zoom.
The deadline for the applications is the 16th of April 2020
Application requirements for performers:
- your contact details (full name, email address, mobile number)
- company’s name if you have one (website)
- your personal/company’s/other participants social media handles (FB/Twitter/Instagram/YouTube)
- kind/character of the performance such as dance/aerial dance/physical theatre/dance theatre/musical/comedy/play, etc…
- tile of your piece
- credits: choreography/performance/music/play by….
- 100 words description of the piece (please include any human right/social issues you would like to bring up)
- we are going to give a prize for the best performance related to the current situation of the pandemic and not only within human rights and global, social issues such as human trafficking/sex trade, refugees, climate changes, …
- the length of the piece (any from 5 min up to 60min), please send us preferably the video HD mp4 or link of your piece just in case if the live streamed connection goes on your end so we can play it on ours.
- if you have any link – article/ video trailer/ social media/website info
- 50 words bio
- 1-3 pics: one headshot/one artistic/from the performance if you have one
- apply to SAF on instagram@socialartsfestival , tag@socialartsfestival in your post with the video trailer or picture of your show, or apply to email@example.com
- in order to perform you need good lighting, mike if you are away from your device, your smartphone, tablet or computer with a good internet connection and zoom app
We will use the material provided for publicity.
If you don’t have the piece yet you can briefly describe what would you like to create and for how long. Once you’ve got more info you can send us by the 23rd of April.
The Festival is organised in collaboration with FlowMove – a movement and well-being company, the performing arts association LCP Dance Theatre – award winner for the best human rights choreographies founded by Joanna Puchala. Any other collaborators are welcome. Please get in touch if you want to support the festival in any way. We will be happy to give you some more exposure to social media and publicity for a good cause.
Spread the word! If you know anyone who could be interested in joining the event please forward them this email!
Any support in kind in organising the festival such as advertising, fundraising is very much appreciated.
If you need any further information don’t hesitate to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org www.socialartsfestival.com
Social Arts Festival